Plamen L. Simeonov, Dr.-Ing.
Berlin, BR Deutschland | email@example.com
Direktor Forschung und Technologie
15+ Jahre Erfolg in der Durchsetzung von technischen Innovationen, Bildung von ausgezeichneten Leistungsteams,
und Leitung der strategischen Ausrichtung von Programmen in der wissenschaftlichen Forschung und Hochschulbildung
Resümee: Biomathematik & Biocomputing, IT/Multimedia/Telekommunikation/Lebenswissenschaften (aktueller Fokus – KI/AR, Biomathematik und Biocomputing): Technologie, Infrastruktur, Services, Applications & Networks – Concept Design Engineering, Strategy Innovation Management & Strategic Product Planning, Business Development, Technische Evaluierung, Beratung, Projekt-Akquise und Projektleitung, Forschung und Entwicklung.
Zusammenfassung der Kompetenzen
|★ Academic Publishing||★ Business Modelling||★ in silico Medicine|
|★ Artificial Intelligence||★ Complex Systems||★ Project Management|
|★ BioComputing||★ HighPer Computing||★ Rapid Prototyping|
|★ BioMathematics||★ Image Understanding||★ Scientific Research|
- Dr.-Ing. Informatik, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Thüringen, Thesis (Telematik): “The Wandering Logic Intelligence, A Hyperactive Approach to Network Evolution and Its Application to Adaptive Mobile Multimedia Communications”,Deutsche Nationalbibliothek.
- Dipl.-Ing. Informationstechnik, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Thüringen, Thesis (VLSI-Design): “Programm zur Konvertierung des symbolischen Layouts in das physikalische Datenformat für VLSI-Gate-Array-Schaltkreise”.
- B. Sc. Physics, Faculty of Physics, Sofia University „St. Kliment Ochridsky“ & National Mathematics Gymnasium, Sofia, Bulgaria.
_JSRC & Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Leiter Integral Biomathics Center (InBioCe) & Gastwissenschaftler – Institute für Theoretische Biologie
(März 2018 bis jetzt)
Guide instructional procedures and supervise scholarship activities while performing institutional research and delivering consulting services on behalf of department. Direct project proposal writing focused on international collaborations. Demonstrated professional expertise in heterogeneous image dataset recognition, integration visualization and interpretation,project partnerships and composing/compiling content for research grants.
Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter – Institute für Pathologie, Arbeitsgruppe Digital Pathologe & IT
(Februar 2016 bis März 2018)
Performed project acquisitions, crafted international proposals, and conducted scientific research in quantitative cancer diagnostics with a focus on interpreting Whole Slide Images for Virtual Microscopy.
- Spearheaded the architectural design of the first Charité Digital Medicine Platform prototype applications.
- Reached a Scopus’ CiteScore metrics as high as 1.78 in 2019 for the 2017 publication “Towards a First Implementation of the WLIMES Approach in Living System Studies Advancing the Diagnostics and Therapy in Augmented Personalized Medicine”in Elsevier’s journal Biosystems.
- Led introductory fast-track qualification courses for Ph.D. students in medicine covering advanced topics in Data Science & Medical Informatics, AI & Machine Learning, Biomedical Mathematics, Logic & Computation in Living Systems: http://www.simeio.org/focus/profile/teaching.
_JSRC, Berlin, Germany
Managing Guest Editor – Elsevier Journal Progress in Biophysics & Molecular Biology
(September 2014 bis Januar 2018)
Functioned as master guest editor of three biannual special issues on Integral Biomathics(2013, 2015 and 2017) by recruiting authors and reviewers, tracking the publication approval processes, restructuring content, directing illustration design, overseeing critical revision decisions, taking the full responsibility for safeguarding the paper evaluation and publication workflows. Orchestrated task assignments for authors and reviewers in a collaborative effort with chief editor and staff while pioneering self-motivated, cross-referencing projects with the authors.
- Reviewed over 60 issue articles while partnering with leading scientists in their fields.
- Edited the publication of 100 articles by 163 authors, published in 3 volumes of totally 1264 pages.
- Topics covered in the special issues were: “Integral Biomathics 2017:the necessary conjunction of the western and eastern thought traditions for exploring the nature of mind and life”,“Integral biomathics: life sciences, mathematics, and phenomenological philosophy” and “Can biology create a profoundly new mathematics and computation”: http://www.simeio.org/focus/profile/publications/ (volumes).
- Submitted published 9 individual and co-authored contributions to the special issues, incl. 3 editorials.
Frühere wichtige Engagements
_JSRC, Berlin, Germany for European Commission
Projektinitiator und -leiter (Januar 2010 – Juni 2012)
Engaged with planning (preparation and submission), funding (negotiations with the EC)and accomplishment (networking, design and development) of the EC FP7 FET Open CSA advanced scientific community project Integral BIOmathics Support Action (INBIOSA), EC research grant #269961 with a total budget of 165.334 EUR for 12 months: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/97395/factsheet/en.
- building and coordination of the first world-wide research community for biology-driven mathematics and computation: 89 initial members (December 2010);
- construction and exploitation of an interactive information and research collaboration web site hosting the Advanced Online Scientific Community Service (AO-SCS): inbiosa.eu.
- program committee chair: iBioMath’2011-Am,San Jose, CA, USA, 2011; iBioMath’2011-Eu,Paris, France, 2011; ACIB’11, Stirling, Scotland, UK, 2011;
- program committee member, Natural/Unconventional Computing and Its Philosophical Significanceat AISB/IACAP Turing World Congress, Birmingham, UK, 2012;
- INBIOSA White Paper: Simeonov, et al., 2012. Stepping Beyond the Newtonian Paradigm in Biology. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-28111-2_31; https://philpapers.org/archive/SIMSBT-10.pdf.
- INBIOSA Book (bonus):Simeonov, P. L., Smith, L., S., Ehresmann, A. C. (Eds.), 2012. Integral Biomathics: Tracing the Road to Reality. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg. ISBN-10: 3642281109; ISBN-13: 978-3642281105. OCLC WorldCat Number: 800365119: http://www.springer.com/de/book/9783642281105.
TU Berlin, Distributed AI Laboratory, Berlin, Germany
Forschungsdirektor (Juli 2004 – Dezember 2007)
Managing the planning, administration and coordination of the lab’s research activities and streamlining the individual study/research programs of postdocs, engineers and graduate students; engaging in project acquisition, marketing, IPR/innovation and event management; supervising R&D in the fields of AI in P2P mobile communications, grid/cloud computing, and next generation networks.
- elaboration of the organisational structure, the development programs and the process workflows of 6 competence centers with over 120 associates in the fields of Core Agent Technology, Information Retrieval & Machine Learning, Next Generation Services & Networks, Safety & Security, Cognitive Architectures, Robotics & Autonomous Vehicles;
- development of unique methodology (workbook, guidelines and benchmarks) tracing the progress in supervising individual student research/study programs (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) linked to project participation with guaranteed industrial funding: accomplished by 40+ graduates within 3½ years with one own doctoral student, who became my patent co-author: WO/2007/014745.
- acquisition and coordination of 9 research projects and 6 international exhibitions;
- session chairman “Networking Protocols”, NCA’05, Boston, MA, USA, 2005.
Siemens, CTO Information and Communication Mobile, Berlin, Germany
Director Active Multimedia | Vertical Services (März 1999 – Oktober 2001)
Responsible for planning the design of new wireless architectures and services; building strategic alliances and carrying out pilot initiatives with a research network of partner institutions worldwide; analysing new business opportunities for the vertical markets in the wireless communications domain and creation of a development plan for a product-oriented research and a go-to-market strategy through coordinated pilot initiatives with promising strategic partners targeting the development of rapid prototypes of telco architectures and services upon evaluation of the customer feedback from demonstrations at technology fairs, network fora and conferences.
- initiator, chief architect and project lead ofthefirst 2.5G worldwide wireless mobile video streamingdemonstrator at the CeBIT 2000 industry fair in Hannover, Germany: cooperation between Siemens (DE), PacketVideo (USA), and Casio (JP):Quadriga-2000 project: “A Wireless Video Gateway and a Wireless Video Car and Movie Promotion Service”; developed within 4 months only: http://www.simeio.org/pages/details/projects/siemens/quadriga_2000/n_tv_2_cebit.mpg.
- TV news reports by ARD, ZDF, n-tv, RTL and SAT1;
- follow-up on-site demonstrations for Daimler, BMW, VW/Audi and Peugeot;
- grantedpersonal lab budget for FY’2001: $4.2 million.
- initiator, chief architect and project lead of the first 3G active QoS wireless mobile multimedia demonstrator:cooperation between Siemens (DE), Heinrich Hertz Institute (DE), Technology University Ilmenau (DE), Technology University Berlin (DE) and Northeastern University (USA): Odysseus-2001 project: “MediaPEP (Media Performance Enhanced Proxy) – A Scalable and Dependable ActiveUMTS QoS Management Server, an IP Booster and an Adaptive Media Transcoder Switch Architecture for E2E-IP Integration of Mobile Wireless Multimedia Interactive Telepresence”.
Andere wichtige Arbeitseinsätze
Dahlem Centre for Genome Research & Medical Systems Biology, Berlin, Germany
Associated Research Fellow (September 2015 bs jetzt)
Engaged in research collaboration, consulting, partner and project acquisition. Prepared collaborative projects with international researchers and contributed to 4 proposals for grant calls, incl. the FutureHealth initiative and the DigiTwins EC FET flagship.
- 2016 EcoHealth proposal submission for the first MacArthur 100&Change Call: http://100andchange.foundationcenter.org/profiles/6113/.
- 2 proposal submissions for the VW Foundation Calls “Life? – A fresh scientific approach to the basic principles of life” and “Experiment!”
GFZ – Geosciences Research Centre – Helmholtz Association, Potsdam, Germany
Senior Consultant Project Leader (September 2014 – März 2014)
Oversaw the analysis and visualization of geospatial data using imaging superposition and integration algorithms on a cloud computing platform. Adduced the launching of geospatial imaging and sensor data integration interdisciplinary ventures, strategically assembled a business consortium, and developed professional relationships during networking events. Led strategic planning, negotiated business terms and delivered technical consulting for multi-tier cloud platforms.
- Effectively assembled and configured onsite high-performance cloud computing platform for the analysis and visualization of historical multisensory geospatial data by streamlining technical design processes and ensuring all operational activities aligned with required project specifications.
- Organized project teams during the review and evaluated the functionally of the UNIX-based technical implementation.
Macromedia University for Media and Communications, Hamburg, Germany
Dozent Interactive Media Management und Web Intelligence (April 2014 – Oktober 2014)
- one semesterfirst-hand agile development of teaching materials incl. application test for a weekly engagement in 20 hours of 6-10 classes ~ 120 students of 3rdand 6thsemester in “Digital Media Management”, “PR & Communications” and “Music Management” with an average grade of B+: panel “Interactive Media Design & Technology”;
- project lead of bachelor colloquium in English “Media & Communications” for the panel “Sports and Event Management”; supervision of 12 students with an average note of A.
Advisor Strategic Technology (Mai 2002 – jetzt)
Engaged as freelance consultant in ITC & biotech technology evaluationfor industry & venture capital.
- IPR quantitative validation: benchmarking studies and reports for 9 SME companies;
- EU research program evaluation FP7, Horizon-2020, Information Society Technologies (IST), « Future and Emerging Technologies: Nano, Self-Assembly, Self-Organisation, Biocomputing, Molecular & Biomolecular Mechanisms and Engines »: 6 EC calls;
- work in progress.
Siemens, Intelligent Networks c/o Public Information & Communication, Berlin, Germany
Sr. Product Planner (Januar 1996 – Februar 1999)
Taking over the complete responsibility for the introduction, alignment, establishment and integration of novel middleware network platforms (distributed IN Service Node and MediaWeb architecture) and multimedia applications services within the company’s portfolio of originally only centralized IN product line: planning the design of new intelligent network architectures and services: collection of product requirements; R&D communication & documentation: release packaging & technical specification; business development and sales support: quantitative market studies & competitors analysis.
- initiator, chief architect and project lead of the first European integrated multimedia messaging telco platform(prototype, patented architecture): SmartNode, the „@INGate“ projectat Siemens in cooperation with the Technology University Berlin: add-on Intelligent Network Gateway for Unified Media Communication Services; successful project completion 3 months prior to deadline (December 1997);
- budget allocation: $10 millions for 2 years (1997-1998);
- revenue generation: $15 mil. in FY’1999 with prognosis for $120 mil. within 3 years;
- supervising the activities of over 90 sales and marketing professionals;
- product line strategy definition & project management: 6 projects;
- business opportunity evaluation: 48 with 12 own proposals;
- software release packaging and documentation: 3 product versions;
- marketing communication and product promotion: 8 industry fairs;
- operational customer support: 18 operators from 6 countries;
- training: 2 training programs and 6 customer seminars;
- contract negotiations and maintaining relationships to over 30 OEM partners;
- session chairman “Applications”, ICCC’97, Cannes, France, 1997;
- 11 conference publications and 6 own inventions (out of 7 in total).
1992 – 1996 Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter, TU Berlin, Research Centre for Process Control Applications, Berlin, Germany
- R&D: specializing in Software Engineering, Quality of Service, Validation and Verification of Video Streams over TCP/IP, UDP/IP and ATM; Temporal Logic. Technical project leader of two European research projects in the areas of Software Engineering & Broadband Multimedia Telecommunications Systems
- Engaging in preparation & acquisition of EU research projects of the EU programs ACTS, Telematics and ESPRIT-III, as well as QoS standardization activities (DIN/ETSI)
1990 – 1992 Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Institut für Informatik, Berlin
R&D: specializing in Formal Techniques, Modelling, Simulation & System Analysis
- developing Graphic-OSDL: Compiler-Compiler from NSDL to OSDL and vice versa (C++)
1987 – 1990 Visiting Scientist, Academe der Wissenschaften zu Berlin, Zentralinstitut für Kybernetik und Informationsprozesse (ZKI),
Internationales Basislabor für Computergraphik & Bildverarbeitung, Berlin
R&D: specializing in Image Analysis & Computer Aided Design – Computer-Aided Schematics System:
- developing Hand Drawing Image Recognition Algorithms
- defining Network Structure Description Language (NSDL): design, implementation (C) and test
1986 – 1987 Patent Expert Computer Science and Electronics, National Patent Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria
recherché & evaluation of 21 patent proposals
2001 – 2002 Computer Science & Network Engineering, TU Ilmenau, Germany
1981 – 1986 Information Technology / Digital Circuitry & Image Processing, TH Ilmenau, Germany
1980 – 1981 Physics, Sofia University « St. Kliment Ochridsky »
Primär- und Sekundärschulbildung
1975 – 1978 National Mathematical Gymnasium, Class of Physics, Sofia, Bulgaria
1974 – 1975 Sofia Mathematical Gymnasium, Sofia, Bulgaria
1967 – 1974 basic school, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Initiator of the first formal synthesis between biology-driven mathematics and computation (WLIMES) for the design and implementation of virtual physician assistant agents for diagnostics and therapy in personalized medicine (2012-2017):
- Initiator and coordinator of the EcoHealthproject proposal for the MacArthur Foundation Call 100&Change (2016): http://100andchange.foundationcenter.org/profiles/6113/.
- Initiator and coordinator ofINtegral BIOmathics Support Actionproject (INBIOSA, EC FP7 FET Grant Nr. 269961), the first world-wide community for biology-driven mathematics and computation (2011): http://www.inbiosa.eu.
- Initiator, chief architect and project lead of the firstActiveUMTStrial for adaptable bandwidth QoS managementin mobile video conferencing: MediaPEP, the“Odysseus-2001″ project(2001) at Siemens:
- Initiator, chief architect and project lead of the first worldwide MPEG-4 video streaming applicationon mobile terminals over GSM and GPRS (9.6 – 24 Kbps) at the CeBIT’2000 industry fair in Hannover, Germany: Wireless Video Gateway, the „Quadriga-2000“ project(2000) at Siemens:
- Initiator, chief architect and project lead of the first European integrated multimedia messaging telco platform(prototype): SmartNode, the „@INGate“ project(1997) at Siemens: http://www.simeio.org/pages/details/projects/siemens/_ingate/the__ingate_project.pdf.
- Seven inventions with 3 EU and 1 World patentsin the area of intelligentmultimedia telecommunications: http://www.simeio.org/pages/details/patents/patent_list/inventions___patents___overview.pdf.
- Over 90 research papers and reports in the areas of very-large-scale integration systemdesign, computer graphics/ CAD, image processing, visual interfaces, system modelling, software engineering, formal specification and design of telecommunications architectures and services, AI/Alife, Integral Biomathics and biocomputing.
- Lead guest editor of a Springer book (2012) and 3 special issues on Integral Biomathics of the Elsevier Journal Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology(2013, 2015, 2017):
- Program committee member, Symposium Natural/Unconventional Computing and Its Philosophical Significanceat AISB/IACAP Turing World Congress, Birmingham, UK, 2012.
- Initiator, organizer and program committee member: iBioMath’2011-Am,San Jose, CA, USA, 2011.
- Initiator, organizer and program committee member: iBioMath’2011-Eu,Paris, France, 2011.
- Initiator, organizer and program committee member: ACIB’11, Stirling, Scotland, UK, 2011.
- Session chairman “Networking Protocols”, NCA’05, Boston, MA, USA, 2005.
- Session chairman “Multimedia Systems and Applications”, IMSA’02, Kauai, HI, USA, 2002.
- Session chairman “Applications”, ICCC’97, Cannes, France, 1997.
Weitere Informationen zu meinem beruflichen Werdegang, Tätigkeiten und Interessengebieten finden Sie auf den einzelnen Seiten dieser Website. Ferner können Sie mir Ihre Adressdaten und eine Nachricht im Kontaktbereich unter dem Menüpunkt “Adressen > Kontakt” übermitteln.